When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old women. She was 3 in the park just staring at some pigeons (鸽子). The boy sat down next to her and opened his 4 . He was about to take a drink from his root beer when he noticed that the old lady looked 5 , so he offered her a Twinkie. She 6 accepted it and smiled at him. Her 7 was so pretty that the boy wanted to see it 8 , so he offered her a root beer. Once again she smiled at him. The boy was 9 !
They sat there all 10 eating and smiling, but they never said a word. As it grew dark, the boy realized how 11 he was and he got up to leave, but before he had gone more than a few steps, he 12 around, ran back to the old woman and gave her a hug (拥抱). She gave him her the 13 smile ever.
When the boy open the door to his own house a short time later, his mother was 14 by the look of joy on his face.
She asked him, “What did you do today that made you so happy?”
He replied, “I had 15 with God.” But before his mother could respond, he added, “You know 16 ? She’s got the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen!”
Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant (容光焕发的) with 17 , returned to her home.
Her son was shocked by the look of 18 on her face and he asked, “Mother, what did you do today that made you so happy?”
She replied, “I 19 Twinkies in the park with God.” But before her son responded, she added, “You know, he’s much 20 than I expected.”
1. A. packed B. carried C. delivered D. arranged
2. A. game B. journey C. car D. work
3. A. standing B. playing C. sitting D. waiting
4. A. suitcase B. bag C. beer D. map
5. A. worried B. pale C. hungry D. poor
6. A. willingly B. joyfully C. respectfully D. gratefully
7. A. face B. skirt C. smile D. ring
8. A. again B. often C. further D. soon
9. A. satisfied B. delighted C. moved D. shocked
10. A. morning B. day C. night D. afternoon
11. A. happy B. tired C. bored D. thirsty
12. A. turned B. looked C. walked D. jumped
13. A. commonest B. biggest C. weakest D. trickiest
14. A. surprised B. terrified C. impressed D. attracted
15. A. a talk B. a walk C. fun D. lunch
16. A. why B. who C. what D. where
17. A. joy B. fear C. anger D. content
18. A. victory B. regret C. peace D. surprise
19. A. sold B. baked C. drank D. ate
20. A. nobler B. taller C. wiser D. yo
1~5 ABCAC 6~10 DCABD 11~15 BABAD 16~20 CACDD